Forcing a Restart in Windows
Using the Security Keys
Security keys are the easiest place to take critical actions. You can lock your PC, sign out, launch Task Manager or perform power actions all from one place.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key together on your keyboard.
- On the bottom right, click the power button while holding down the Ctrl button.
- Press OK to confirm the Emergency restart message.
Using the Power User Menu
A lot of beginner users may not know about this convenient feature in Windows. It lists the popular power menu settings for power users. If your taskbar is still working, this option is the right choice for you.
- Do a right-click on the Start Menu to open the power user menu.
- Go to Shut down or sign out.
- Select Restart.
Using the Shutdown Window
The shutdown window is one of the legacy features of Windows since earlier versions. It is a sure-shot way of shutting down or restarting your PC.
- Press Alt + F4 together.
- From the Drop down box select Restart.
- Press on OK.
Pressing and Holding the power button
- Just Press and Hold the power button till the computer turns off, then press the power button once to turn in back on.